Val da Vie
Val de Vie Estate in the Paarl-Franschhoek valley, South Africa’s only wine and polo estate, has commenced a 415ha expansion comprising 1 094 residences, including farms and single- and multiple-unit residential opportunities, and linked by a bridge to a further 500 residential and commercial opportunities.
The estate is a prime example of secure country living offering ample sport and recreation facilities, fine dining and wining, and natural open spaces. It has won two International Property Awards – Best Development (Multiple Units) and Highly Commended in the Best Leisure Development category.
In expanding the estate, the challenge is to maintain its allure as a world-class estate combining modern, luxurious living with the rich Cape heritage and beauty, supported by world-class infrastructure.
Bigen, as an infrastructure development group with extensive experience on high-quality estate projects, is fully up to the challenge of this expansion project which impacts all facets of the estate’s infrastructure, including:
- Extensive upgrades to bulk and link infrastructure.
- All bulk, link and internal services infrastructure for the development sites.
- Four major traffic circle intersections on provincial access roads.
- 2,9km link access road between the Pearl Valley and Val de Vie estates.
- Upgrading of the N1/R301 interchange outside Paarl.
- Extensive link sewer infrastructure including the extension of an existing waste water treatment plant.
- Design and construction of the new 132/11kV Kliprug regional electrical substation.
- Civil consulting.
- Electrical engineering.
- Development management.
- Long-term economic benefits through local skills, enterprise and supplier development.
Development Advisory and Impact